Founded in 1866 Christ Church has aimed to serve the people of Brondesbury and to share the love of God revealed in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was combined with the Parish of St Laurence (the church of which was situated on the site of St Laurence Close, NW6) in the early 1970s to make the parish we have today. In the mid 1980s, 2/3rd of the church was converted into private accommodation. It re-opened 24th September 1990 with a re-dedication service led by Rt Revd Tom Butler, the then Bishop of Willesden. The church now meets in what were the transept, choir and sanctuary.